Feel free to delete this if memes are no allowed. I did not find any rules.

• cerement@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

(ManjarNo – if you want to stay with an Arch based distro, then EndeavourOS gets great reviews)

EDIT: (take a look at Ventoy instead of Etcher – can load a handful of ISOs up on a single USB stick and try ’em all out)

• brasilikum@slrpnk.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Ventoy looks very useful , thanks!

I will check the Manjaro stuff out, when I used it in the past I had no complaints

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I use Manjaro.

I do not recommend it.

I’ve had to timeshift out of a borked updates too many times to count.

• wreckedcarzz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

My only experience with it is on the pinephone, which was… interesting (‘cool, linux on a phone!’), until the update system broke a couple months later. I’ve tried several times to fix it now and it’s still broken. It’s been 3+ years now.

I lost both of my mSD cards I have, so I can’t even load an alternative distro until I find them, or pay another like $30 for another one.

• Fecundpossum@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

EndeavourOS on the other hand, I set up BTRFS with grub bootable timeshift snapshots and have never gotten to use them once. In my experience at least, EndeavourOS is blatantly superior to Manjaro. Give it a whirl if you haven’t yet.

• linuxgator@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Go with EndeavourOS instead of Manjaro. Similar design principles, but much more consistent functionality. Been running it on my laptop for over two years now and still haven’t had to reinstall it.

• Fecundpossum@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I didn’t bother reading the other comments before giving my glowing recommendation of EndeavourOS, I’m always happy to see other people having as good of an experience as I’ve had.