• phx@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

GOOD! Though I can see this going to court, the properties were already bought prior to the decision to open them up, and that decision was of course appears based on a bunch of sketchy dealings.

Can’t develop the property now? Nothing’s changed since when they bought it.

• Baggins [he/him]@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Dear Judge, I made a corrupt backroom deal that I was hoping would make me a lot of money, however my unscrupulousness was uncovered and plan was thwarted. Please pay me anyway, since I would have got away with it if it weren’t for these meddling kids.

• NarrativeBear@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Good move, hope they stand their ground on this decision.

Developers definitely should not be compensated if the land was bought at the same value it was/is.

• Grabthar@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

They better get sued by the original owners in turn. And then those owners will sue the government so we can pay again. The circle of jerk.

• grte@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Sue for what? They bought some land. That land is in their possession.

I don’t think a corrupt backroom deal falling through is grounds for damages.

• RandAlThor@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Yeah just wait. Once this whole thing dies down Ford will sneak in some of those back onto the table for development.

• Kichae@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Yes, this is ultimately what it means, which means serious effort needs to be made to not let this die down.

Serious effort that I don’t believe will happen, as efforts would need to be constantly escalating to remain in the news cycle.