Russ (RetroGameCorps) is one of my guilty pleasures. I eagerly await his videos.

Does anyone have any problems with me posting links to his videos here? I will also summarize some of his findings, unless, again, anyone has a problem with it.

Any suggestions? This seems ok? You’d prefer this was done in a different method?

I’m just trying to keep this community active. I haven’t yet found a good replacement for SBC Gaming from the Old Place. I’m on this magazine, and several others regarding retro handhelds, but I still don’t get as much info as before the Old Place went bad. I’m not saying to go back there now, as it already feels like a ghost town. There are so many odd posts there now, I don’t even know if it is from bots or what.

If people are ok with this idea, I can definitely post links to videos from some of my favorite retro people, like Russ, but also ETA Prime, The Phawx, maybe a few others.

What do you all think?

• Gorejelly@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I will post a short summary of some things Russ said (not everything, because I do not want to take views away from him). Would you prefer my comments being part of the main post (which was long this time as I asked questions and preferences) or as a response?

Some things Russ said:

— RP3+ still a great machine. May not be the value king any longer just because of so many new devices coming out.

— He still dislikes the start/select placement on this device. I go much farther and absolutely hate it. It’s the reason I gave my 3+ away and got a Flip instead (which, unfortunately, also has some issues).

— He loves the color option, though it is apparently the only color option available for this metal version at this time.

— The metal feels very good. He does not dislike pressing buttons/d-pad against metal the way he has other metal devices.