• dotemacs@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Interesting to see clj/deps.edn overtake lein.

I wonder if people are really switching in such numbers or were clj/deps.edn users just more keen to express their preference in the survey.

In my unscientific opinion, it seems like the majority of open source libs go for clj/deps.edn. Wonder what’s the case for people’s non public work… I say that after working at a place where some devs switched to lein because they just wanted to uberjar & not think/tinker too much.

• socksy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

In my company we only recently switched our main project over so it was consistent with all our other ones. But all new projects were written with it, so I could imagine the numbers finally changing over is a sign of normal attrition. Which, given the slow pace of new libraries in Clojure (when they’re done they’re done!), took a while.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve been resisting using deps for a while, but eventually decided to just suck it up and go with the flow since that’s where things are going. I find that tools.deps finally adds the missing piece for doing stuff like building uberjars, so there is finally parity with lein now. I do find lein to be more ergonomic, and I think it does the right thing by default.