Why YSK: Beehaw defederated from Lemmy.World and Sh.itjust.works effectively shadowbanning anyone from those instances. You will not be able to interact with their users or posts.

Edit: A lot of people are asking why Beehaw did this. I want to keep this post informational and not color it with my personal opinion. I am adding a link to the Beehaw announcement if you are interested in reading it, you can form your own views. https://beehaw.org/post/567170

• BaldProphet@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

User experience is not the primary motivator for the development of the Fediverse. The features you dislike are the core features of the Fediverse and are the main reasons it exists.

• masterspace@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Software exist to solve a user’s problem. All software’s primary motivator should be user experience.

It’s quite frankly asinine to spend your time building a social network that user’s don’t want to use (see: Reddit’s official app / new site).

Ignoring psychology, network effects, and how social networks work while instead trying to build one based on naiive dogma is doomed to failure.

• BURN@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

It may be the point, but it makes the UX terrible. Lemmy is really struggling from a UX perspective, enough to make me question if it’s worth sticking with.

The new user experience is pretty terrible because 90%+ have no interest in trying to figure of “federation”, they just want shit that works.