• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

The San Francisco Police Department is investigating an October 2 incident that left a woman stuck underneath a Cruise robotaxi after being hit by a human-driven vehicle.

Video captured by Cruise and viewed by TechCrunch shows a robotaxi braking and then running over a pedestrian who is laying in the street after being struck by a human-driven car and launched in front of the autonomous vehicle.

“At approximately 9:30 pm on October 2, a human-driven vehicle struck a pedestrian while traveling in the lane immediately to the left of a Cruise AV,” the post said.

The event is the latest in a string of crashes and other incidents such as blocking traffic and driving into wet cement that has plagued Cruise operations in San Francisco.

The incident comes at a critical time for Cruise, a company trying to scale robotaxi operations in San Francisco and begin testing and eventually charge for rides in more than a dozen U.S. cities.

Cruise and Waymo won approval in August from the California Public Utilities Commission to expand commercial operations in San Francisco.

The original article contains 591 words, the summary contains 179 words. Saved 70%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!