• WoofWoof91 [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 years ago

When “suiting up” for a BD, especially with Judy, V will be given a headset that is meant to onset the instance. The headset fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes. If not modeled off of the IRL design, it’s a very spot-on coincidence, and because of that this is one aspect that I would personally advise you to avoid altogether. When you notice the headset come into play, look away completely or close your eyes. This is a pattern of lights designed to trigger an epileptic episode and it very much did that in my own personal playthrough.

what in the name of christ…

WHY DID THEY THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?!?

“Oh hey, lets give our playerbase fucking seizures! That won’t backfire spectacularly at all!”

• hauntingspectre [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 years ago

One of my neighbors in my old city explained that playing video games is how he found out he had a seizure disorder, and since that incident in the 90s hadn’t played a video game.

Normal humans who play video games might respond and say “damn, that sucks. If you ever decide to give them a try, here are resources so you can avoid games that might trigger that”. G*mers say “haha fuck you and your rich and fulfilling family life, you’re a loser who can’t play video games”.

And yes, I did supply him with some info about resources for games that don’t cause seizures. He said thanks, and then we went back to watching our kids play, and to my knowledge he didn’t play video games again.