• hubba_bubba_luva@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Are you posting these projects everyday? If so will you take suggestions?

I’m a dev but haven’t seen GPT able to handle current large scale projects. Are there more boring IT job tasks that can be demonstrated? Ie “compare files between 2 directories and give the differences including md5 hash differences between files”.

This is my biggest hurdle right now adopting gpts - it can create code but doesn’t have access to an existing code base. Wonder if gpts could work thru the top stack overflow questions

• lanolinoil@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Happy to take suggestions – I don’t do them every day but I was for a while. You could definitely get it to write you a bash or python or whatever script that does what you’re asking, but it wouldn’t do it directly without hooking it up to a DB and index, which you can do with other tools but I am not familiar with that. Let me know what you have.

Also, Chat GPT+ doesn’t search the internet actively AFAIK. Bing chat will search the web up to 6 times I believe and so it will find (and hallucinate) libraries and SO questions for bugs and things like that.