I don’t know if this is common knowledge or not, but I want to get it out there in case it wasn’t. I know in at least my state of Connecticut both Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis are eligible for medical marijuana cards. Weed helps tremendously with the pain, and a lot of the light day to day symptoms.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

• mkhopper@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

CD here with two small bowel resections, including terminal ilium.
    Whenever I would start feeling a bit like “oh, this is going to be a bad night”, my go to was Valium. I already take Elavil every night, and adding 2.5mg of Valium on top of it would put me right out for the night and the next morning I would be ok again.
    But, it’s getting harder and harder for doctors in the US to prescribe Valium, so I turned to cannabis edibles and Kiva chocolate bars are perfect. I can take half or a half of a square (2mg~) at night before bed and that does me just as well as the Valium did.
    The only real drawback is that I obviously can’t travel with weed edibles, but given how many states in the US allow recreational sales, it’s fairly easy to come by.

My GI doc was a bit surprised the first time I mentioned it, but then she was all on board once I talked about how well it works.