• takeda@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

If you ever wondered what’s the official Russian government stance about current topics, you don’t have to search anything, just check @elonmusk latest tweets, erm, sorry, X-crements.

It is amazing how accurate it is.

• RedditWanderer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

We should straight up call “tweeting” excrementing

“Today, Elon musk excremented on his platform, formerly known as twitter…”

• Z4rK@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

To delete tweets telling people to follow antisemitic amounts?

• Nakedmole@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

To delete it he had to post it first and that is what counts. That he deleted one of many of manipulative posts does not change anything about the fact that he obviously bought twitter to steer the public opinion more to the right.

• Z4rK@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

I guess, if I made a mistake and posted something I shouldn’t have, then I would have deleted it as well.

I personally don’t think he’s part of any conspiracy to steer the public opinion to the right, I just think he’s quite socially inept and easily manipulated, so he genuinely thought his right wing bubble content was underrepresented without being able to comprehend that the reason is simple most people disagreeing with him (and without the ability to understand he’s in a bubble). It’s wild that any company with shareholders lets him tweet anything.

• crapwittyname@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            9 months ago

Let’s say there is no conspiracy, because that’s simplest. The shift to the right comes from systemic factors rather than a shady cabal directing everyone (somehow including Musk). Perhaps there are a few tweaks here and there by bad actors, but not a coordinated conspiracy.
            That makes what he’s doing worse. That makes what he’s doing completely voluntary. He claims to have lofty goals, he claims to be one of the most knowledgeable people on the planet. So how does he explain his promotion of ideology which is destroying the planet and creating suffering? He’s either an idiot, in which case he shouldn’t be in my face ever, or he’s evil, in which case he shouldn’t be in my face ever, or he’s a boring mixture of the two. In which case.

• Z4rK@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

It’s pretty clear he’s an idiot socially? I’m not saying there doesn’t exist large groupings of power trying to move opinions to the right, I just think it’s more likely someone just managed to edge Elon on to buy Twitter to be cool and edgy / remake x.com, instead of him trying to plot how to drive society to the right.

• Nakedmole@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

That might also be the case but if idiocy is his “motivation” that does not change anything about the negative impact his actions have on society.