link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

A promotional poster for the second season of Loki on Disney Plus has sparked controversy amongst professional designers following claims that it was at least partially created using generative AI.

Companies like Adobe and Getty are also promoting ways for AI-generated content to be commercially viable, but it’s unclear if these platforms are any better than Shutterstock at moderating submissions that don’t abide by their contributor rules.

Some X users have speculated that it may have been used on sections of the image like the miniaturized characters surrounding Tom Hiddleston’s Loki, noting their awkward positioning.

Disney has ignored our request to clarify if AI was used in the Loki promotional art, and to confirm if the company had licensed the aforementioned Shutterstock image.

These tools aim to make things easier for folks with limited design experience, and are typically promoted to organizations who want to produce cheap art at scale.

Stock images are often used by companies because they’re fast, affordable, and accessible, reducing the need to hire experienced designers to make content from scratch.

The original article contains 655 words, the summary contains 175 words. Saved 73%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!