• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

WASHINGTON, Oct 10 (Reuters) - The United States is talking to Israeli officials and others about the idea of a safe passage for Gaza civilians after Israel’s air strikes following a deadly Hamas attack over the weekend, the U.S. national security adviser Jake Sullivan said on Tuesday.

“We are focused on this question, there are consultations going on,” Sullivan told reporters in a White House press briefing.

Gaza’s Health Ministry said at least 830 Palestinians were killed and up to 4,250 wounded in Israeli air strikes on the blockaded enclave since Saturday.

Gazans have lived under an Israeli-led blockade for 16 years, since Hamas seized control of the territory in 2007.

Israel’s embassy in Washington said the death toll from Hamas’ weekend attacks had surpassed 1,000.

Palestinians in Gaza have said that Israeli bombardment has been heavy and feels like a new “Nakba,” the Arabic word for catastrophe that refers to the 1948 war of Israel’s creation that led to their mass dispossession.

The original article contains 282 words, the summary contains 163 words. Saved 42%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!