• OrnluWolfjarl@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Creation is still based on Gamebryo (their old engine). The Gamebryo engine is so fucked up, that bugs and issues have an ancestry tree.

• lustyargonian@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m playing Far Cry 6 presently and it was interesting to find Skyrim-esque bugs like NPCs running over each other, or ending of a quest being a chaotic mess. It made me realise that most open world games inevitably become buggy when multiple systems within a game interact with each other. I had similar experience with Horizon Forbidden West. Not saying Bethesda games have same level or severity of bugs as these, but the class of bugs (NPCs glitching out, random world events colliding with each other, everyone speaking all at once, uneven geometry at places, armour clipping) are similar across open world games despite coming from different engines.

• dkdance100@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I remember they couldn’t get ladders to work in Gamebryo, so they just made them load screens.

How far we’ve come, now you can leave the planet and travel out of orbit… using a load screen.

• Chailles@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Anything is possible if you have the infinite time and infinite resources, but they don’t. Not to mention, what would ladders even bring?

Honestly though, I hope the land to space transition isn’t just a take-off cutscene. Elevators in Fallout 4 were actually just seamless loading screens, so I hope they do the same in Starfield.