Hamas has called on Palestinians to stay in their homes after Israel issued sweeping evacuation orders for almost half of Gaza’s more than 2.3 million people ahead of an expected ground offensive.

The Hamas authority for refugee affairs today told residents in the north of the territory to “remain steadfast in your homes and to stand firm in the face of this disgusting psychological war waged by the occupation”.

• circuscritic@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I think you get all of the information about the reality of this war from headlines and mainstream Western outlets.

Tell you what, why don’t your layout your excavation plan? I would strongly recommend you do at least some light reading about the reality on the ground first.

• filister@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I find BBC’s coverage quite impartial, even though a lot of their human side of the stories is from Israel.

There are also plenty Of Western media outlets who are trying to depict both points of view in this conflict which is admirable, but I presume the media in the US is more opinionated.

I also think what Hamas did was horrendous, but I know that the answer of Israel is not the solution either, and it is a pity just because politics and religion so many innocents from both sides have to suffer.

• circuscritic@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

I’m sorry, but parroting the IDF is not credible. Especially considering we’ve already had reports in the last several days of these IDF evacuation routes being bombed by the IDF.

So either go read up on the realities of Gaza, or GTFO with your idiotic takes.