• flaresandslippers@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I use it from day to day to find solutions/debug my Python/R code and sometimes for writing content, but I was underwhelmed to hear how little it has been used at my job and people I know.

• BigFig@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The only ChatGPT i mess with is Google’s Bard. And I use it to entertain myself with fake country song lyrics and send them to my friends to see if they can identify the fakes from the real.

• marcar@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I started out with something similar, writing funny stories for my family that included them.

I do actually use it a lot now for idea generation and proofreading, but it still needs a lot of help to do anything really useful.

• BigFig@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

My recent favorite is generating creepypastas. I had one saved somewhere but can’t find it at the moment about a starving man in a dark dingy empty world who comes across a Big Mac on the ground, he goes to devour it and it begins to speak to him, but through telepathy, begging him to eat, screaming “consume me!” And trying to trick him into becoming possessed by the spirit of the long dead, mayor McCheese

• YellowtoOrange@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I use if for work every day, and any question that comes into my mind I throw at multiple AIs simultaneously using the github program: ChatAll.

Bing says:

…According to various sources, ChatGPT had an estimated 13 million unique visitors per day in January 20231 and reached 100 million monthly active users in January, just two months after launch, making it the fastest-growing consumer application in history1 2 3 4. Another source states that ChatGPT receives approximately 10 million daily queries1 3. A survey found that 8% of respondents use AI tools like ChatGPT every day, and 14% use them several times per week1.

• linearchaos@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I use it instead of Google when I want to understand something new. When I’m coming to a search with little to no context, GPT saves me 3:1 searches while i narrow down what I need. Then when I have what I need, I can start asking it questions about it instead of trying to find articles that might have that answer in them.

If I want to find what oil filter my car uses, google. If I want to understand the differences between the oil types/grade, GPT.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh yeah. I’m trying to mix some songs for a home video I’m making and asked a few AIs about whether I should change a song from A min to mix better with a song in F#m and I received suggestions in 10 seconds, whilst if I duckduckgo’d that it would take 30 min of digging through search results and then reading pages of music theory and then you still wouldn’t know if your conclusion was correct.

BTW I recommend using this github program to use multiple AIs simultaneously: https://lemmy.world/post/74749

Often, chatgpt does not give the best results - I find Claude and bing can beat it.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

As much as I hate Bing, I think their implementation is hands down better. That and the free 100 credits per day on DALL-E… :P

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

You mean you hate the search engine (and microsoft) or the AI chat?

I hate microsofts privacy policies and general corporate attitude, though until the open sourced LLMs are close to the level of the private ones, use what works best. A few of them are quite good, and a recent one was beating chatgpt4 in some tasks.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I hate that Microsoft is drawing me in to use Edge, and forcing me to use an account they can track down to my computers. I hate the front page of Bing trying to shove politics down my throat. I hate Bing itself as a search engine, it seems to be the most likely of the bunch to give me unlabeled paid results.

Their flavor of AI chat is pleasant. They’re trying to work out the bugs. I have it generate a story nightly for my kids that I can read. I give it some talking points and a rough outline, it’ll generate a nice 10 minute story in three parts, usually…

It goes of the rails here and there and I have to ask it to retry, but I’m starting to collect a nice selection of starter prompts that give me consistently good results for stories.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                1 year ago

Apparently soon they’ll allow us to use bing chat on any browser, and of course chatgpt4 browser uses bing (likely due to microsofts close ties with openai and profit arrangement). Not sure if that’s the reason why the web browser doesn’t with chatgpt doesn’t work that well!