OK, another life goal acquired: map blindfolded Skyrim.

• Dr_Cog@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I remember thinking that blindfolded Punch Out run a while back was amazing, but this is something else entirely. I can’t imagine the amount of hours put into learning something like this

• azura@fedia.ioOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Especially because I’m sure there’s a lot more that goes into this that we don’t see. Like you gotta have backup strategies for when something unexpected happens. You have to somehow be able to recover from that and you can’t just always reload a save. That same runner also has a whole lot of blindfolded super Mario 64 runs some of which were also at gdq and it is amazing to watch. I highly recommend.

• llii@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I watched it yesterday, and man, was that a trip. It was the first blindfolded speedrun I watched and it’s just ridiculous what some people can do with enough determination.

• Shiroa@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I watched live, Thunderblight is the most south I’ve seen a big run go in awhile. I was so worried we were gonna have another time out, but they pulled through in the end. What an exciting run.

• azura@fedia.ioOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I am entirely inspired. I want to do this. Probably don’t want to jump in the deep end here but I’m hunting for communities.

• azura@fedia.ioOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Am now looking up weird speedrunning challenges like this. It’s fantastic

• red@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think he’s also done SM64 blindfolded in the past. Man, there’s a map or two where I constantly miss jumps even though I can see where I need to go and what the timing should be, but this madlad does it blindly. Like the clock or the rainbow sky map.

• azura@fedia.ioOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

yeah those are very worth watching. Especially the 70 star one at GDQ. That was pure insanity.