Electronic Arts will give more information about the soccer simulator this month, but it has already been leaked that it will be an intergenerational game.

• shinjiikarus@mylem.eu
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I am actually kinda excited to see this develops, even though I don’t play FIFA: Back when it was FIFA against PES common wisdom said FIFA would always “win” (commercially), since it used every and all licenses for everything. Even when PES started to get specific license constellations, FIFA always came out on top. With EA’s new strategy the FIFA successor looks a whole lot like PES back then. Could be a company killing move imo.

• dixius99@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Other than the right to use the FIFA name, and call a tournament the World Cup, does EA lose anything else? I think that’s mostly it, right? I’m going to guess most fans won’t care.

• forgotaboutlaye@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m also interested to see what FIFA actually do with the license, assuming they make their own game. If that is the case, I hope it’s an absolute dumpsterfire.

• DanseMacabre@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

EA isn’t losing any licenses that matter. They just can’t use “World Cup” but they still have every team, player, and logo licensed.