This morning a “Special offer” button showed up in Proton Mail for me offering a 1 year Proton Family plan for 33% off. That comes out to $239.88 (USD) per year. https://proton.me/mail/black-friday

• MetalJelly@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

As usual, people in reddit are mad cause they aren’t getting stuff for free.

8$ for VPN, Email, 500GB cloud storage and Simplelogin is already a great price. And now they have added Protonpass and a photo backup service is in works.

• Swim@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

good deal too bad i just renewed for 2 years :(

• ioslife@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

This is showing me a deal for Proton Unlimited at $8.69/month and calling it 33% off. Did they raise their prices? I pay $7.19/month for Unlimited.

• WQMan@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Just heads up for linux (and those not aware I guess)

ProtonVPN app itself (on windows) has the same banner deal as well, but it links to a deal that is unlimited for individual (Not family!). So deal isnt exclusive to family edition only.

Not sure why its not displayed on their web apps. Or maybe im blind and I missed it, :P

• encode8062@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Anyone interested to join my group of friends as a family? Less than €4 per month per user

• EatYouWell@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

It looks like you can upgrade your Unlimited Plan to the Family Plan.

Edit: Looks like that’s just for the 2 year subscription

Edit 2: Nvm, if you follow the link in the post you can upgrade to the Family Plan, and it’ll prorate the balance.

• Neilia_1@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I heard if you have unlimited, you can upgrade to Visionary. I only have VPN Plus, but I am curious if you can first upgrade to Unlimited, then Visionary.

• akilou@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I love the idea of my family appreciating data privacy enough to use Proton and justify getting the family plan.