• mr_monoxide@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I think it is the hide read posts from feed. If you have posts that you have opened/upvoted this symbol will appear and you can hide them.

I personally do not like this new feature and turned it off in settings (hide posts in feed). I find the symbol flashing on and off to be very distracting.

I would prefer either options to:

1. Mark posts as read as you scroll whether opened or viewed (Apollo had that),

2. Option to swipe left and hide a post (Wefwef has this), or

3. option to swipe left and hide all posts above post whether I opened or voted or not (Apollo also had that)

Edit: would also be nice if we had an option under our profile to see posts that we have hidden id we need to see them again (WefWef and Apollo have this). I do prefer Memmy, but the way it works with hidden posts is a downside.

• gkd@lemmy.mlM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

We might just make the button optional. Without it you’d just need to refresh the feed to get rid of them which isn’t a problem either.

• Youthless@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Doesn’t it do that already? I find anything that I opened or voted on gets hidden when I refresh.

• Bad3r@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It would be nice if it works like in Narwal. In the feed a banner shows up every x posts to hide all there above.

• notjvb@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Post is hidden - maybe it’s an NSFW post and the app is hiding it according to your settings.