• blindbunny@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Their game was shit and I understood they developed their own engine. If they released their game on unreal and it was still shit I don’t think I could see them recovering from that.

The fact that they just blew off red engine when it became too much work left a bad taste in my mouth.

If they were bad ass entrepreneurs they could have just licensed the 4A engine.

I guess I’m just saying we need to stop giving money to epic.

• nehal3m@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Their game was most definitely not shit. The release was rushed by corporate decision but the final product as it stands today oozes passion. It’s a very artful, gripping shooter with RPG elements that (especially in 2.0 and PL) lets you build a character for a wide range of playstyles.

Management was blind to this and pushed a lump of coal out the door, but the devs made it a diamond. If you’ve skipped it due to the horrible release I’d say give it another chance, it’s a great game.

• blindbunny@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I played the initial release. Sorry to say writing couldn’t fix that. 2.0 is definitely enjoyable. But again I don’t think they could have achieved that if it wasn’t in their own engine.