• sNoooKer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

Very nice! I’ve actually also ordered one (surf green), arriving this week. So excited! A bit worried about the intonation though. How is it on yours?

• pH3ra@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

So, the strings are quite cheap feeling (even though the site says they’re from D’Addario), but I left them on for now because I want to use them to hold the bridge in tension for a couple of days and maybe get rid naturally of the buzzing problem I mentioned in the other comment.
      However, after stretching them for a bit, the guitar is still in tune since yesterday evening when I last tuned it, so the tuners are working correctly as for now.
      I will come back with more info if I notice a different behavior.

Edit: Also I think that Surf Green is a great color too, it would have been my 2nd choice

• sNoooKer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Sounds promising :) Hope you can get rid of the buzzing. Thanks for the reply. Enjoy your guitar!

• pH3ra@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

It arrived today so this is just a first impression, but overall it’s really good.
      The neck blew me away by how comfortable it is. The frets might need some work, you can feel a couple of sharp edges when sliding across with your hand (just barely but it’s noticeable) and you can hear a little bit of buzzing on the G and D strings when playing over the 8th fret.
      The sound of the bridge pickup is a little warmer and less twangy than, say, a Squier but still well defined, while the neck pickup is maybe more similar to its competitor.
      Mechanics aren’t stellar but they do their job, weakest point being the pickup switch that feels a little cheap and wiggly.
      It might sound stupid but the looks is the aspect I love the most. The finish is awesome, it doesn’t look like a cheap guitar and I love the color: it’s classic yet has such character. I spent a solid ten minutes just looking at it before even plugging it in my amp.
      As overall quality, I would compare it to owning Squier Affinity, but with 100€ more in my pocket. And with a professional setup I believe it can be put against more high end models.
      I’m sure that some flaw will show up along the way but I don’t expect anything that can change my mind.

Edit: I tried it with a smooth nylon strap and the neck dives if you move around too much: I suggest to buy something with a little more friction

• MrPlow@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Really enjoying these HB threads. I’ve got a 12 string Rick clone on order from Thomman. I’ll have to post a pic when it comes in.

• rug_burn@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

That seems to be the consensus is sub par fretwork and dubious electronics aside from the pickups. Nothing that can’t be rectified. Kind of want to pick one up myself and see what it can do!