The non-profit organisation analysed 200 examples of reported hate speech on the platform and found that 96 per cent of the posts remained online a week later.

• Raging LibTarg@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

“Fails” to me suggests Elmo tried but did not succeed. I would use language more like “hate speech is deliberately being allowed on Elon’s social dumpster fire”, personally.

• Tau@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I did. It’s hard not to be bias (as I’m not a fan of Musk in the first place) but I’m certain Twitter got worse after his opulent acquisition of it.

• demesisx@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I’m all for eliminating hate speech but is the hate speech we’re talking about here just people saying, “what Israel is doing to Palestinians is genocide” or “Israel and it’s allies are in direct violation of the Geneva convention”?

I absolutely despise fElon Musk but if so, that’s not hate speech. That’s an ethno-state intentionally conflating dissent with hate speech in order to get away with an ethnic cleansing.

edit: this is indeed what this article is referring to in some cases. I know for a fact that that’s the case because they didn’t even cite a single tweet. Anti-semitism is a hate crime, calling out an ethnic cleansing is not.

• ZILtoid1991@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Issue is, Elon Musk has a lot to gain by allowing hate speech on his platform.

There’s a strong correlation between hate speech and wanting to give corporations both tax breaks and absolute power.