• undercrust@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

These old guard Reformers need to hurry up and start feeding the worms already. Fuck off, Preston.

• psvrh@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

The unfortunate thing is that there’s two to three cohorts of both grifters and True Believers coming up behind them.

• Swordgeek@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I always expect Preston to age gracefully, and turn into an old-school conservative.

And he always disappoints, becoming even more idiotic than before.

Here are some highlights from a CBC article on the issue:

• A panel reviewing Alberta’s COVID-19 response is calling for rule changes to ensure the premier and cabinet have the last word in future crises.
    • The report urges changes to the Employment Standards Code to provide for leaves of absence for non-compliant employees during a public health emergency.
    • It recommends decision-makers consider “non-scientific evidence” during an emergency.
    • His panel also suggests AEMA and politicians “be open to considering and investigating alternative scientific narratives and hypotheses.”
    • girlfreddy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I always expect Preston to age gracefully, and turn into an old-school conservative.

Me too. There was a time I admired him for doing what he said he’d do (declining to live in Stornoway, the opposition leader’s official residence) but the last few years have shown me the error of my ways.

• MyDogLovesMe@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Idiots like these are the ones that merged with the old school Conservatives, then took over the party. Welcome the CPC party - reformers in sheep’s clothing.