• Ooops@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Many thousands have died needlessly in the unnecessary, unwinnable, and increasingly unaffordable war in Ukraine.

Yeah, sure. It’s entirely a needless and unnecessary war… unless of course they would like their country to keep existing and not get jailed, deported, “re-educated” or killed in the atrocities Russians are documented to commit in the areas occupied.

Somehow I couldn’t bring myself to read more of this bullshit after that first sentence…

• Curious Canid@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Same here. The author did a good job of laying out there position right up front. And their position is based on ridiculous assumptions. There are some genuine concerns with the way the Ukraine government is suppressing opposition voices, but they destroyed their credibility completely before they even got to that point.

Personally, I think the declaration of martial law and the subsequent moves to limit opposition are probably justified when faced with an existential threat like the Russian invasion.

• wrath_of_grunge@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

if you click the link to show other pieces he’s wrote, he heavily seems to favor a number of different ‘opinions’ on things. he’s obviously pro Russian. he downplays the role of Saudi Arabia during 9/11, while suggesting that the current administration has allowed the relationship to wither on the vine. he has a piece about how much of a threat Hamas is to the US.

dude’s clearly a shitstain, and most of his writing has a incredibly clear agenda.

• Quentinp@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Lol is this like satire? Who measures things by “the GDP of Maryland” xD

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

The financial assistance and energy subsidies the war has cost Europe and the United States totals more than the annual GDP of Maryland.

As a result of that vote in the Ukrainian parliament, where all opposition parties have been removed, the parliamentary elections scheduled for last month were canceled.

If people wish to join this new church, they should certainly be free to do so, but the government in Kiev has been forcing congregations to switch allegiance and seizing the property of those who resist.

President Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus for Southern sympathizers during the American Civil War, but he never canceled elections.

Churchill actually lost the 1945 British election and had to watch Clement Attlee take the final victory lap for World War II.

Under the guidance of the West’s favorite autocrat—Zelensky—it has created a state-controlled church, taken control of all television news, and banned major opposition parties.

The original article contains 961 words, the summary contains 150 words. Saved 84%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!