• fer0n@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I’m not a big fan of VR chat or games like it. I don’t really see the point in sitting around and talking, but surprisingly I’ve been enjoying Banter, I think this is why:

• Physics based movement (climbing, swinging, etc) is quite fun and gives me something to do while having out. Some worlds, such as backrooms, are actually fun to explore.
    • It looks decent, but more importantly: it actually performs great on Quest.

There’s definitely things to improve upon and I’m certain it won’t be for everyone, but I think it’s worth checking out.

• miketunes@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Maybe I should give it a shot. So many of them have been so janky not even worth trying.

• fer0n@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

It’s free, so it doesn’t hurt to check it out. It’s definitely not flawless and still early in development. Also not too many people online, best if you grab a friend and check out backrooms or the winter map.

Let me know what you think of it, if you end up having a look :)

• Ttngummybear@lemmus.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’ve been playing banter for a little bit now, and my main observation is that everyone is SO FREAKING NICE. The admins, the other players, even the random little kids I’ve encountered have all been so damn sweet.

They host a weekly open mic night which I’ve attended twice now, and there aren’t any hecklers! Not one!

It’s crazy to me that an online space can be populated by such polite people. It’s such a breath of fresh air.

• fer0n@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Makes me happy to read this, but my guess is that’s due to the small player base. If it had gorilla tag player numbers it would certainly be a whole different story.