• fishy195@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m hoping for a better camera DLC lol. Like Mid invents us a camera and then we can go on photo adventures with Jill and Torgal.

I love playing in photo mode, but it was pretty simple. I would like to see it fleshed out more, and have more freedom with the camera angles.

I would also gladly take a Jill backstory DLC where we get play as her.

• Haru@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Photo Mode definitely does need fleshing out, but something like shouldn’t be in a DLC and should come as an update to the base game. It’d make for a pretty light DLC if that’s all it was.

I suppose a Jill backstory could be interesting, but might be getting into XV DLC territory with filling in story gaps if it were something like her time with the Iron Kingdom.

• fishy195@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh no doubt, I’m not saying I would buy a $20 DLC that’s only an updated camera.

And yeah I could see that comparison, but I don’t think that’s an inherently bad thing. I think it’s more realistic that we will get a Cid DLC though, more akin to the Yuffie DLC in 7Remake.

• Vamanos@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

It honestly reads more like they didn’t have any dlc in the pipeline and now have to figure out - if they do go that direction - how to incorporate it into a story already told. I don’t get ominous vibes from it.

I’m halfway through - rough estimation and loving it. I wouldn’t mind seeing a short multi hour Cid dlc to explore some backstory.

• Haru@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I may be misremembering but I could have sworn I saw somewhere state they didn’t have plans for DLC content for this. I wonder if this change in decision is after seeing how well received the game has been, that they now feel like they can commit to expanding the game. But that’s just speculation on decision making that we’ll never hear about.

As for DLC content, I’m not sure what I want from the game at the moment. I’m around 75% of the way through so might have a better idea when I’m complete. But I just hope it’s something that expands on the world and lore that has been built here.

• Frogster8@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Sorry to say but I went into this with no expectations and the lows outweigh the highs, it has some truly amazing parts but it’s so riddled with bad animation, boring dialogue, fetch quests, poor rewards, abundance of gil with nothing to spend on and pointless equipment/crafting/crafting materials.

It’s just got way more negatives than positives, I felt relieved when I finally completed it and could move on.

• dangblingus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Options? Sounds ominous. Almost suggests they’re looking at creative ways to monetize the DLC other than the purchase price.