You may have to click some of the toots to see replies I made that weren’t directly replied to

Edit: I just clicked the link and it looks so different in browser. I’m talking about my “discussion” with the enlightened truth sandwich

• Arkham@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Every time I see this type of discussion, my false flag senses start tingling. I have no idea if I’m right about that, but seeing a Dem attack anyone to the left of them that rabidly, and refuse to respond to reasonable questions or statements, always gives me an uncanny impression that I’m seeing a conservative in disguise.

• 🦊 OneRedFox 🦊@beehaw.orgM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

You’re giving neolibs too much credit TBH; a lot of them are just ghouls that hate the left. Though as neoliberalism is the status quo, I suppose you could call them conservatives.

• M. Orange@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Not engaging. Right after that first response, I would’ve gotten the hell out of there because there’s no changing the mind of someone like that.

If you’re going to engage, I think you handled it about as well as anyone could have.

• Avanke@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I agree, The tone of the conversation is already charged with aggression. And knowing how emotions on the internet go, not engaging is the best option.

• abhibeckert@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

You could start by not calling them “nuts”… you set the tone of the conversation and it could only ever go down hill from there.

• 🦊 OneRedFox 🦊@beehaw.orgM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

You should go for the jugular TBH. Ask them why they’re mad that the left takes issue with support for apartheid/ethnic cleansing, building border walls, and the other fascist policies that have bipartisan support; someone going on about “democracy or fascism” like this needs to be forced to answer for why they support these things.

Edit: just saw your edit. My advice still applies. I’d also say that arguing over how far left these politicians are is an irrelevant tangent for the most part. Just make them answer for why they support fascist policy and oppose people calling it out; put them on the defensive and make them try to justify it.