• mateomaui@reddthat.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Agreed, for them and Humble Bundle. At this point I hope for Steam keys for the headliners, but ones for Epic keep showing up.

• Lojcs@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Is this like game pass or do you get to keep the games? How does amazon afford keep adding value to prime like this?

• mateomaui@reddthat.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

These are free to Prime members and they stay in your library even if you end your prime membership. I don’t have an active membership right now but some months the line up is worth signing up for a month, especially if you can get a prime discount somehow. This isn’t one of those months for me since I have the ones I would want already, but maybe this group interests others.

It used to be all redeemable at the same time but they’ve wisened up and staggered the release, with each being available for 30 days (more or less) from the drop date.

Here’s where you see what’s currently available and for how long (click the Games option): https://gaming.amazon.com/home

But the way it works, you can essentially get 2 months’ worth for 1 month’s price, if you wait until the last minute to signup for games you want that are still active with one or two days availability left, then also pick up the new ones that become active during your 30 day membership.

So if someone wanted this package starting with Deathloop, I’d keep an eye on the prime gaming page until it only has a day left towards the end of December, then sign up to redeem everything in December and January.

But if you signup right now, you can still get everything for November starting with Rage 2 (and some from Oct starting with Evan’s Remains), then pick up Deathloop and everything else in December.