I think I’m just as confused as everybody by the choice to make Jaskier bi for the show. Jaskier is a womanizer/doesn’t make deeper connections easily, for him to have a meaningful romantic relationship with Radovid is so out of character.

This article seems to suggest the community is uncomfortable with queer characters, but neglects to mention Ciri and her time with The Rats. It’s a fair criticism of the original works that the only queer characters are women, and that the show could introduce some new characters to balance things out.

Is it that hard for critics of the community to accept that the concerns we raise are not bigoted opinions? Our concerns are rooted in the very major changes to things we know and love

• Lord_Kettle@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

They already ruined so many storylines and characters I don’t think I want to watch the show anymore honestly. I understand need to change some things to translate books to tv show but completley changing everything we know and love is just terrible idea for well established franchise. As for Jaskier bi preference I guess it could be implemented ok-ish but if they are doing it with him and Radovid it only means it is derailing story even more. I understand push for diversity but it can be done tastefully and calling fans bigots is just cheap way to defend shitty writing.

• snippyfulcrum@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Honestly the idea of Jaskier being bi doesn’t rustle my Jimmie all too much and I could kind of see it in a way.

What confuses me is…

…Radovid…?

…Jaskier… and Radovid…? ? ?

My brain is having a hard time seeing this one but admittedly I also haven’t watched Season 3.

I doubt I’m going to, honestly.