• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

The source spoke as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy made a last-ditch plea to U.S. lawmakers on Capitol Hill to keep U.S. military aid flowing to Ukraine, first meeting behind closed doors with U.S. senators.

The source said the recently declassified U.S. intelligence report assessed that Russia began its full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022 with 360,000 personnel.

The source said those losses are the reason Russia has been forced to loosen recruitment standards and draft convicts and older civilians to deploy in Ukraine.

Russia declared a partial mobilization of 300,000 personnel in late 2022, and has relaxed standards to allow recruitment of convicts and older civilians," the assessment said, according to the source.

The Russian army has been left with 1,300 armored vehicles on the battlefield and is having to bolster those forces with T62 tanks produced in the 1970s, the source said.

Kyiv treats its losses as a state secret and officials say disclosing the figure could harm its war effort.

The original article contains 384 words, the summary contains 163 words. Saved 58%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!