Lay it on me, people!

• Bruisedback@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Mushrooms. The first few will probably be pretty rough, but you’ll quickly start to see the possibilities with different textures, shapes, adding gills underneath, etc. If the clay is different colors you can get buck wild. After fewer than you think you’ll probably be pretty good at them. You can even screw in a hook at the top and turn them into ornaments for friends and family if that’s your thing.

• chaorace@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

A self-portrait. If it turns out unrecognizable, just move the goalposts and tell the viewer that it’s a depiction of their mum.

• lurch (he/him)@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

A soup bowl with phone stand, chopstick holder and spoon holder. Maybe even add a handle to grab it, when it’s too hot. The ultimate bowl.

• IninewCrow@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Throw the clay as hard as you can up against a wall and if it sticks … place a little artist signature just below it and paint a frame around it

• Paragone@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

The TARDIS, outside AND inside, even though its bigger on the inside…

: P

_ /\ _

• Paragone@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Seriously, though, Betty Edwards’ “Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, the 4th Definitive Edition”, would be a major augmentation of your exploring, and faces are what most people are wired-for best.

( I’m face-blind: I didn’t know ANYONE could identify another person by their face, until I was in my 30’s or 40’s, & read about that.

I’ve always used context+way-of-moving+how-the-sound+clothing+etc to figure it out )

_ /\ _