• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Philips is recalling hundreds of MRI machines around the globe over concerns the medical imaging equipment could explode during normal operation — something a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) bulletin states has already happened once before.

The “class one” recall — the most serious type — was published by the FDA online this week, and warns owners of Philips Panorama 1.0T HFO magnetic resonance imagers to discontinue use of the machines until a service technician is able to make corrective repairs.

Sold between 2001 and 2016, the machines are employed broadly by medical facilities around the world to image the inside of patients’ bodies.

Today, 150 Panorama 1.0T HFO machines are operating in the United States, and there are reportedly 340 globally.

According to the FDA filing, there has been one reported event in 22 years of a quench operation causing an explosion.

Philips says it’s notified all affected customers of the recall, and that all US users will be visited by a field service engineer to inspect the system and perform corrective replacement or repairs, if necessary.

The original article contains 445 words, the summary contains 179 words. Saved 60%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!