For me it’s three kinds of oolongs, two pu-erhs, a white cake, and a couple of greens.

What’s yours?

• Metju@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Different experience, same taste (kind of). The texture is different, especially if you brew koicha (“thick tea”).

Personally, it seems to affect me a bit more than leaf tea (that’s why in my initial comments I said I drink it for results 😄), but that can be just my impression (so YMMV).

• savoy@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Genmai Cha is a staple for me, I’ll always have that around. Other than that I usually have two or three oolongs (Formosa and Jade right now), a black or two, and a few other greens. Really love the Jasmine Pearls I have right now too

• Krzak@discuss.online
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Gen mai cha, black teas with additions: pine needles/apple and orange peel/ raspberry and cinnamon

• ∟⊔⊤∦∣≶@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve been meaning to get a pu’er cake. I usually have earl grey and jasmine green.

does anyone know how to tell a good pu’er from a shit one?

• aika@lemmy.zipOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’d say age and smell. If it smells too fishy it’s shit. When it comes to sheng (raw) pu-ehrs aim for older ones. Young shengs tend to be very bitter.

• aika@lemmy.zipOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I’d say older than 3yrs. And sheng as opposed to Shu (ripe). The former is pressed and left to age, and the latter is cooked, speeding up the fermentation process, thus mimicking aging.

The two have completely different characteristics and taste differently. I’d say Shu is more forgiving in terms of steeping, but on the other hand is a lot heavier in taste, with more umami (fishy flavor)

• Grandsinge@lemmy.zip
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My daily go to is a jade oolong. But I also keep an early grey, a pu-erh fruit blend (Lost Boys from Adagio) and matcha around for when the mood hits. A nice matcha latte with oat milk and a bit of agave syrup is just fantastic.

• CamelliaCadabra@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Anji bai cha, Taiping hou kui, Huo Shan huang ya, Meng Ding gan lu, compressed Nannuo shan whites, lao cha tou