• _spiffy@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

It feels like they just kinda nerfed everything including the fun.

• chrisphero@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Exactly, all of my friends (including me) stopped playing for the same reason: it wasn’t fun anymore.

Let’s hope the new season brings some good changes!

• _spiffy@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I got to level 64 today. I have no idea why I keep coming back. I don’t feel inspired to level or to make new builds.

• chrisphero@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Got around level 60 as well with my sorc, but than I couldn’t find I fun build to play AND deal damage that doesn’t require extensive grinding for hours. (If you know one, please let me know)

Now with the patch 1.1.0 they nerfed the critical strike damage and vulnerable damage…

Idk if it is true for every class, but I’ve got the feeling that for sorcs you NEED certain items/aspects for build to even work.

• bbbbb@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            11 months ago

I think the general consensus is Sorc is one of the weakest classes. For example, look at the unique items added in the latest patch - only the Sorc item has a downside to its unique aspect. The highest tier build I’ve seen for sorc right now I believe is blizzard and that requires the glacial offensive aspect(which is a random drop only vs codex aspect) to work, plus a few other utility aspects to keep your mana up. I had to grind a bit to get a random drop with the blizzard aspect though. Once I changed to that from lightning I had a lot less trouble, and can now solo ancestral dungeons at around my level 75 without getting wrecked. I think at level 100 and high tiers it gets harder because of squishiness since apparently a lot of elites will be able to one shot you without a barrier, but I’m not worried about that yet.

• chrisphero@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Unfortunately it was the only class that appealed to me…

I just straight up hate the fact that some aspect are locked behind 100% RNG… nothing to improve the odds or quest to get them. The funny (/s) thing is that, as you mentioned, need some of those aspects to make a build work.

• NightSicarius 🇦🇺@aussie.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

My sorcerer using ice shards / frost nova at level 70 was still blasting through everything. I hadn’t even bothered levelling paragon glyphs or anything, so I imagine it’d be even better if I did.

But I spent the last week or two playing as a barbarian to level 65 and it was just so much fun smashing everything.

I probably won’t play until the weekend, then will make a start on season character. I’m thinking I’ll go rogue as I haven’t even tried that class yet.

• chrisphero@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

With the ice shards I always had mana issues and I used frost nova since the beginning… I just wanted to play with fire (haha) magic because it looks cool and do a bit of an imperator role play with arc, but I never managed to create a good build that was also fun to play…

Or maybe I’m just bad with my sorc haha

• NightSicarius 🇦🇺@aussie.zone
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

Mana was slow for me up until around level 50 when I started getting sacred gear with better stats. Get some increased lucky hit chance, get some “mana on lucky hit”, add in skills like Avalanche and the aspect that doubles it, aspect to recover mana when you use a cooldown, etc.

It all starts to add up. Lucky hit is a big one with ice shards (with piercing aspect) because it hits so many enemies. As long as there’s a big group, I now never have mana issues. It’s only in one-on-one fights that I’ll run out of mana, but then I can teleport / frost nova / frost armour / flame shield to regain mana.

• chrisphero@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

I will definitely look into the luck hit chance stuff, thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah I also ran the same build (at least skill wise) as you did, but I just wanted to mix it up a bit and try more flame and arc skills… but couldn’t get it to work…

• chrisphero@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

I know and it is since launch… it’s just sad so see that 80% of the skills in the skill tree are just not viable.

I really had enough frost nova and arc leash, I just wanted to casually mix it up a bit, you know? And have some casual fun in the evening with friends and see fireworks on the screen without thinking too much haha

• Vlyn@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m back and forth about the nerfs. In theory it’s the right way to go, nerf everything that was too good, bring it in line with other skills that were overshadowed. Then when everything is in line they could just lower monster HP for example and it’s much more balanced.

The current state was annoying as there’s only one or two builds per class that work well, everything else was crap. Even worse for classes like Sorcerer with 4 must use defensive skills.

I’ll play season 1 and just give it a go, if it sucks overall I can always wait for season 2. No big deal, after hitting level 70 on my Rogue I lost all motivation to play anyway as there is no good content at that point.

• Nioxic@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Cdr is a fun stat. Never nerf such a thing

Vulnerable was too important… but making it harder to get makes it even more important…

No survivability gains, only nerfs. Im afraid (i play hardcore)

Reduction in damage output, is for the most part acceptable, but some really needed a boost and didnt get it.

Only skill buff i noticed was charged bolts which nobody used. Is this enough to make it viable? (I doubt it)

• _spiffy@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Execute got buffed from 100% to 150% for bosses. Which is fun! But you know, 2 minutes of every dungeon.

• Vlyn@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m fine with the nerfs, as long as they rebalance monsters too. Bring the skills in line so you don’t have obvious great and shit skills next to each other (make them all “mediocre” or rather a similar power). Then all they need to do is lower monster HP and damage after the balance pass and suddenly every build works well again.

The nerfs hurt on paper, but they don’t have to if the rest of the game gets a rebalance too.

• GrayBackgroundMusic@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Think they will address how buggy horse riding is? How the map pin path finding is mediocre at best? The frame skip or stuttering? The moronic minion intelligence? Nah…

• Azerick@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Let me guess. They will make up a load of comments from people who don’t exist proclaiming how hyped those patch notes got them for season 1.

Either that or they saw a uptrend in people uninstalling as season one looks super uninspired and had all the fun patched out.

• tiny_tina_@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I think I’ll quit playing. There is 0 content once the campaign is beat so it’s boring now

• grumpyrico@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

do i get it wrong - or is eternal realm just pointless now if you don’t plan to play seasons?

I mean - if i spend hours for a build just realising, that from one day to another it gets nerfed the shit out of it and the only buff would be some new stuff in the season … in my perspective that makes me a bit wasteful with my fun-time i spend gaming