“Very Positive” review huh. I guess review bombing works both ways?

Who greenlit this. WHO BOUGHT THIS??

• Adkml [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

He’s desperately trying to “diversify” his investments to shield them from the courts but thankfully he’s a dumb lazy asshole so his money laundering is just direct transfers from his company to things like his dad’s supplement companies that are selling the things he was prohibited from selling, holding companies set up by him with his initials for a name that were set up 48 hours before the transfer, and toadies that he has on his show and talks about moving money around with on a nationally broadcast program.

• Infamousblt [any]@hexbear.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Also I’m not linking anyone to the steam page for this. Mostly because I’m afraid what it would do to your algorithm.

Also I found this at the top of my discovery queue and am SO CURIOUS why steam thinks I am interested in this. I didn’t realize that even the Steam algorithm was enshittified to the point that it suggests far right reactionary media to everyone

• edge [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I doubt Steam’s algorithm is taking politics into account. It actually tells you why a game is in your discovery queue. It’s usually either tag based (Action and Adventure are very generic tags), “because it’s popular”, or because people it thinks are like you (probably based on the tags of the games you own and play most) like it.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Not to act like pointing out hypocrisy does anything but it is a funny example of how people who aren’t right wing assholes just ignore stuff like this that was clearly made to piss them off meanwhile if a game has a character that isn’t a straight white male it has negative reviews before it comes out because chuds are softer than melted tootsie rolls.

• Frank [he/him, he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Yeah. Kind of sick of steam’s shit, just letting any bullshit on. The furry hitler games? The “your kids weren’t really murdered” anti-semetism game? Get your house in order, gabe!

Fucking monopoly capitalism.

• zifnab25 [he/him, any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Kind of sick of steam’s shit, just letting any bullshit on.

Less annoyed by them having an open back-end that any dork can load a game onto than I am that they let their algorithm get gamed to inflate the perceived popularity of this turd.

Get your house in order, gabe!

As soon as you start policing the politics of this shit, you end up with people screaming about how we need to ban Stellaris or Victoria 3 because it promotes the insidious evils of Stalin-Mao-Killed-10-Trillion-Uighur-Jews Communism. I don’t begrudge services for simply not wanting to get sucked into these fights.

But one way to avoid this kind of garbage is to keep them from signal boosting their shitty content into the main feed.

Fucking monopoly capitalism.

One of the nicer things about Steam is that it’s not this rigid monopolistic enterprise that demands extortionary fees to host your software and constantly pulls content because some whiney dipshits started a digital book burning movement.

That means turds like this will leak through from time to time. And what guys like Gabe are ultimately banking on is that they suck, nobody really likes them, and they never become a thorn in his side. But, again, that goes out the window when you’ve got Ann Coulter The Video Game showing up on the NYTs Highest Seller list because she’s straw purchasing a thousand copies a week.

• Frank [he/him, he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

One of the nicer things about Steam is that it’s not this rigid monopolistic enterprise that demands extortionary fees to host your software and constantly pulls content because some whiney dipshits started a digital book burning movement.

Steam is a fairly nice monopoly, but it still has many of the problems of a monopoly. For instance, if the steam matchmaking servers go down vast numbers of games immediately become unplayable. It’s not just squeezing people, it’s also about the centralization of power around a single point of failure.

• zifnab25 [he/him, any]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I can get the software I find on Steam elsewhere. They aren’t exclusive to the platform. And while using Steam’s matchmaking service means you’re reliant on it staying functional, more often than not the failure is with the game no longer supporting updates to the Steam environment rather than Steam systems simply giving up.

That’s not a monopoly, nor is it a problem with Steam as a platform. At least, no more than any networking service has general problems with backwards compatibility and escalating security issues.

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Critical support to whatever begrudging coder did his silent protest of making Jones face tiny compared to his head in the thumbnail.