From SuperStonk Dsicord:

• Chives@lemmy.whynotdrs.orgM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What bigger Reddit protest is there than moving to an alternative platform similar to Reddit, but which is open source / transparently moderated / communicates with other fediverse apps / is free / is without influence of a for profit company / is without influence from advertisers?

Appeals to Reddit from within Reddit will fall on deaf ears.

• Ok_Inside_878@lemmy.whynotdrs.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You hit the nail on the head.

I’m glad this is already set up and ready to go.

The migration will happen as more users get disillusioned with Superstonk.

• bibic_jr@lemmy.whynotdrs.orgM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Lemmy came up when the Reddit API changes were kicking in. I thought it was a far-off thing we’d eventually get around to, but they got it up on its legs real quick all things considered!

• mvirts@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t understand why the discord mods specifically say it should point to superstonk subreddit… Like the discord server came from the subreddit, but it’s just another community. Time for a c/superstonk discord??? Idk I’m mostly a lurker

• drakej@lemmy.whynotdrs.org
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Discord allows for more organic communication IMO and so it’s harder for them to control narratives there than on Reddit itself. So they operate a Discord probably as a last resort sort of honeypot to try to bring people back to Reddit.

• mvirts@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Pastably, I mean the discord has been around for a while, I just thought the whole gme crowd would not be so tied to reddit

• TheKudzu@lemmy.whynotdrs.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Superstonk is like a sinking ship. After it’s this far underwater there is no reason to keep watching it.

… so anyway I kept buying.