• DarkThoughts@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

She is kinda old and not buff at all so it is kind of a surprising choice. Hopefully she’s thick skinned though because she will get so many death threats…

• ConstableJelly@beehaw.orgOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Still haven’t seen the first season and am not too familiar with Dever’s work, so I’m indifferent to this casting. Cool that she was Cassie Drake though.

I do hope she nails it. TLOU 2 was one of the most profoundly impactful works of art I’ve experienced: it exposed my susceptibility to bias resulting from narrative framing. Abby’s depth of character was essential to that experience.

I also hope they keep the narrative structure from the games. The shock of the midpoint twist was also essential.

• DarkThoughts@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I also hope they keep the narrative structure from the games. The shock of the midpoint twist was also essential.

I legit have no idea how they want to pull this off, especially if they make it multiple seasons (presumably 2). The structure is pretty important but I really don’t know how well that translate into a TV show format, especially a multi seasonal one. But who knows. I could also see them change things around and even add things we didn’t see in the game. Like some of the parts we only have read about in the journal, especially with the time with C.

Sorry if that is pretty obtuse but I don’t want to spoil anything here as this isn’t a TLoU community.