• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

KYIV — Kremlin propagandists have long claimed that “General Frost” marshalled his icy forces to help Russia beat back Napoleon and Hitler, and will aid its troops in their invasion of Ukraine.

“What we see now is how sanctions and lack of resources have started showing the effect on Russia’s own everyday life,” Ukrainian military expert Serhiy Hrabsky, reserve colonel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, told POLITICO.

“Due to sanctions and overblown military spending, Russia does not have enough resources to spare for annual checkups of its outdated housing and utilities sector," Hrabsky said.

The Moscow region investigative committee said it has opened a criminal case into the restricted supplies of energy resources to residential buildings and organizations in Podolsk, suspecting neglect.

Russia continues to strike civilian targets inside Ukraine, despite the frozen temperatures, launching at least three massive missile attacks against Ukrainian cities over the holiday period in addition to regular bombings of the frontline towns in Kherson and elsewhere.

While at home in Russia the temperature has risen slightly to -11C this week, local authorities still had to evacuate some families with children to camps and opened mobile heating points to provide warm food and clothes.

The original article contains 778 words, the summary contains 195 words. Saved 75%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!