Overnight Donald Trump promoted a video featuring an extreme close-up photo of his face in black and white, and audio of him making an obvious threat: “If you f— around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are going to do things to you that have never been done before.” Trump “retruthed” […]

• binaryphile@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m of the opinion that any rapist should have that permanently affixed to their name whenever mentioned: “Rapist Donald Trump”.

• apis@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Mrrrm, I think we’ve all felt this or similar sentiments about many categories of convict, and especially those guilty of violent crimes, but I don’t have enough faith in the system to back the idea of a label in perpetuity by default. We can look into each other’s backgrounds if we’re so inclined, but otherwise I’d prefer for convicted offenders who have served their sentence to feel they can be contributors to society, and not to remain mired in the anti-social, dangerous paradigm from whence their bad behaviour emerged. These aren’t people who set out with a sense of boundaries or harm or why it is bad to rape. If we can’t stop them before the fact, we have a duty to encourage them to learn these things after the fact.

• donuts@kbin.social
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What are you gonna do Trumpers? Shit yourselves on the Capitol rotunda floor?

Oh wait, that’s something you’ve done before.

• Col3814444@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

“If you f*ck around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are going to do things to you that have never been done before.”

Okay this is really super disturbing, but I know it’s going to get worse. He is a whisker away from openly calling for civil war to try and save his corrupt ass.

• dakku@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think the man has been, for likely at least half his life, in Banana Land where he creates his own reality. Now that they’re closing in on his arrest he’s turned himself into The Punisher or some kind of superhero.

• Now that they’re closing in on his arrest he’s turned himself into The Punisher or some kind of superhero.

What worries me is that his followers seem to have viewed him that way for years now. People joke, but I’m willing to bet the number of rabid Trump supporters who don’t own guns is vanishingly small. That’s a bad combo.

• fearout@kbin.social
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Honestly, that message already reads a lot like an open invitation for his supporters to start a civil war or whatever violence in general once something doesn’t go his way. And seeing some news about his legal case, it’s pretty much guaranteed that things aren’t going his way.

• nevernevermore@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

even more pathetic than desperation is this is the kind of edgelord meme 13 year olds post with a picture of heath ledger as joker

• Unaware7013@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Of course he’s desperate, he knows the noose is tightening.

I was listening to one of the newer Beau videos last night, and the letter he got from the special council is very bad for him. Between the witness tampering charge (someone he pressured not to flip, flipped and tattled on him) and the general surprise from his legal team (and pants on head defenses I’ve seen recently that the heritage foundation asshole is trying) he knows that the powers that be are fucking tired of his ass.

Add in the chatter from people about DC judges being absolutely tired of his shit, plus the fun coming out of Georgia and Michigan, we might be getting close to being at critical popcorn levels.

• hardypart@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

American politics, ladies and gentlemen. It’s so absurd to watch this show as an outsider. When will enough of you guys finally reach the point where you realize that this shit can’t go on any longer like this?

• CarbonatedPastaSauce@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ll fight. Fuck these goddamn nazis and their false prophet. Conservatives aren’t the only ones with guns and military experience.

And we’re generally smarter than they are. I’m not worried.