• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I haven’t watched much of Prodigy because it’s just not adult enough for me overall, but I do appreciate a Star Trek show with no human characters (unless you count holograms).

• ummthatguy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

By the start of the second block of ten episodes (which should have just been labeled season 2 with the wait time) it’s more recognizably Trek. They just needed a handful of episodes to establish characters and the larger conflicts.

• TheActualDevil@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

Also they took that time to just do Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s not a complaint, but it definitely starts off waaay to close to GotG with a reskin.

• Dharma Curious@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I do love a 20 episode season, but i watched it on netflix, so it flowes pretty nice. But yeah, as soon as they had found their groove, that show really rocked, and felt more trek than much of Lower Decks. I really enjoyed it.

• Aniki 🌱🌿@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I went to look for Prodigy just yesterday. WTF paramount!! Also all the movies are gone, too!

• Aniki 🌱🌿@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I dumped max because everything was on Paramount! :( I torrented all the movies and put them on my NAS.

• AArun@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

Honestly I need to get things together and setup a NAS because bouncing from service to service is becoming bothersome.

• Aniki 🌱🌿@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

For YEARS mine was nothing more than a USB spinny drive plugged into my router [DDRWT] running a Samba share.

Now that I’m getting back into storing media, I’ll probably get something small with a few PCIE lanes I can run NVME drives off and run a software RAID array with a backup drive.

• Daxtron2@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

The only reason I even have paramount is Star Trek, and now they don’t even have all of it? I hate what streaming services have become.

• Stamets@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Honestly? Same. I can’t really afford anything extra, nevermind Paramount+, but I have it specifically because I want to support Star Trek and help new Trek get made. Totally understand piracy and not shaming, but personally I just feel the need to add those few extra bucks.

But removing the movies from Paramount+ and putting them on HBO is idiotic. Cancelling your own show and then removing that show from your service is equally fucking stupid, especially when the second season was already made and ready to go.