This single route to the center maze protects against spells such as passwall with walls filled with pressurized lava that damage cheaters and seal the wall behind it.

• Little1Lost@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

a good maze the ONLY thing that could be a hint for the players is this one more round section. That would allow maybe too much orientation

But else: it is beautiful, i like the 5 corner shape in the middle, at the end where it changes the ground it screams “go back or you die”

i really like it

• Mediocre_Bard@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Thanks! I avoided that problem by only removing fog of war from rooms as they entered it. They didn’t realize it was a circle until a quarter of the way through. I also had a demon, undisguised, tell them to go the wrong way right at the start and they just agreed. So … maybe not the best representation of critical thinking.

I’m glad that you like it and appreciate the feedback.

• Little1Lost@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

i think it would be funny if there are a lot demons where some tell the truth and some dont, maybe with some assesoires (gear stuff) where the first few that tell the truth have a green cape but when the players get behind this detail it changes so with every few turns they have this desition terror waiting for them

Edit: and maybe make it that way that when they only “follow a wall” they never reach the goal, but that needs players that follow a strategy like this