• Ooops@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

What’s going on in Europe is being flooded by propaganda and bulshit narratives 24/7, mostly via social media run by US companies.

• AggressivelyPassive@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yep. The talking points here in Germany are almost the same as in the US a few months ago. It’s the same machinery that fuels both shores.

• nakal@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s a combination of failed education and the social network hype. People here don’t recognize manipulative writings from independent news anymore. The social networks additionally stir people up with their dumbed down political shows, populism and lies.

• notavote@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

If you take a look at biger picture it becomes obvious what is happening.

But saying it will mark anyone as persona non grata, so I will leave it to reader to find out where increase in hate and violence is coming from.

• Ooops@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Ignore it.

“We all know the reasons but I’m not allowed to say it” is a well known dogwhistle meaning “It’s the immigrants and the evil elites not only ignoring these very real problems but actively trying to replace us all with easier to manipulate stupid foreigners”. And of course they are right with the second part… saying that bullshit out loud will indeed earn them insults and being called right-wing nutjobs.

• ChocoboRocket@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Just let people live jfc.

One day I hope bigots get harassed as wholly and completely the way they feel inspired to harass others.

Religion has some great lessons and teachings for peace, but that’s never what it actually exports. It’s functionally a veil for atrocities and society needs to stop tolerating it they way it does.