I’ll just include the important parts from the subreddit post:

The attached link will lead you directly to the House Oversight Committee’s hearing page for the UAP hearing due at 10AM on July 26, 2023 - just under one week away. Link also below:

https://oversight.house.gov/hearing/unidentified-anomalous-phenomena-implications-on-national-security-public-safety-and-government-transparency/

The subject of the hearing is listed as ‘Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena: Implications on National Security, Public Safety, and Government Transparency’.

Linked on the page is the scheduled YouTube livestream link that is usual with House hearings. In case anyone runs into trouble accessing the government website, the direct link to the livestream is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ7Dw-739VY

To also note - previous hearings listed on the website show a list of witnesses brought forward during the hearing. This seems to only appear AFTER the hearing has concluded. Also attached, again after the hearing has concluded, is a document containing the statement made by each witness in the form of a PDF file. Each witness will have their own document, if provided, under their name (hyperlinked as Document for all) Examples of this can be seen by looking on the pages for already held hearings via the main hearings list via this link:

https://oversight.house.gov/hearing/

• Cyrilfiggis@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 个月前

Hi everyone ! Today the day !! I alway have believed that we are not alone, only waiting for a material proof. Over the years I have learn to hold my expectations to a minimum. So today from the earing I am expecting anything from nothing to the Federation/Empire is taking over. 🤣🤣🤣

The most realistic is probably that the earing will lay the path for a more transparent framework for collection, analysis and communication of elements for the government, scientifics and the general public.

At least it should open the door for more cooperation between government and scientific community.

• DaughterOfMars@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 个月前

I thought it was quite good for a first hearing. Rational discourse was had even across the aisle, and ultimately the topic was treated with the respect it deserves. I think everyone should actually watch the entire thing. Too many people are jumping on headlines or sound bytes, but that’s the way of the Disinformation Age I suppose.

• moosh@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 个月前

I watched the whole thing. Two things really jumped out to me. That we definitively have photographic evidence and Grusches statement that not only have we retrieved UAP but we’ve also retrieved Non-Human Biologics. Holy hell is that wild. I’d really love to see a photo or two of what was mentioned yesterday. What Grusch meant by the biologics though, who even knows. Maybe (probably) it’s some sort of bacteria? Dunno though, will have to wait and see.

• drhoopoe@lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 个月前

Although judging from reactions I’m seeing online, the liberal hot-take is that UFOs are a strictly Republican thing now and that questioning whether the gov’t is hiding knowledge of UFOs is akin to being an anti-vaxxer QAnon disciple. Dana Milbank’s shitty take in WaPo today exemplifies this trend. So fucking annoying.