Nose wheel falls off Boeing 757 airliner waiting for takeoff::Delta Air Lines jet was due to depart from Atlanta airport and none of six crew or 184 passengers were hurt

• _dev_null@lemmy.zxcvn.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

The one the front (wheel) fell off? Yeah that’s not very typical, I’d like to make that point.

Edit: Annnnd I’m not the first making this reference, lol!

• flathead@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

What’s even more amusing is the ensuing debate about the wording. John Clarke would be tickled to see this thread, I’m sure.

• jqubed@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

One interesting side note from the Article: Kayak now has filters for aircraft on the route and has updated it so you can distinguish between the 737 Max-8 and Max-9

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

A nose wheel fell off a Delta Air Lines Boeing 757 passenger jet and rolled away as the plane lined up for takeoff over the weekend from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson international airport in the US, according to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

According to a preliminary FAA notice, none of the 184 passengers or six crew members aboard were hurt in the incident.

The report said the aircraft was lining up and waiting for takeoff when the “nose wheel came off and rolled down the hill”.

The plane had been scheduled to fly to Bogotá, Colombia, and Delta said the passengers were put on a replacement flight, according to the New York Times, which broke the story late on Tuesday.

The newspaper said Boeing declined to comment and directed questions to the airline.

Nobody was seriously injured but the FAA grounded 171 MAX 9 jets and recommended inspections and remedying work.

The original article contains 198 words, the summary contains 150 words. Saved 24%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• n3m37h@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

When the tire reached max speed it stared bpunching and madenthis boeing sound, very peculiar