AI created summarization:

• China’s central bank cut the key one-year lending rate by 0.1 percentage points to 2.65% on Thursday.
  • This is the second rate cut this week, following a surprise cut on Tuesday to the seven-day reverse repo rate.
  • The moves are aimed at boosting liquidity in the banking system and making short-term loans cheaper, as officials continue to try to shore up a sputtering economy.
  • New government data on Thursday showed that retail sales rose 12.7% in May compared with a year ago, but that was down from 18.4% growth the previous month and less than economists were expecting.
  • Industrial production grew 3.5%, in line with consensus estimates, but growth was weaker than in April.
  • Urban youth unemployment hit another new high in May, reaching 20.8%.
  • The majority of latest economic data are below the already-low consensus, and the latest rate cuts suggest that policymakers clearly feel the urgency to step up policy support.
  • Lethal@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

That’s all for me today. I would like this place to grow into one we can stay up to date with world events. That was my main reason to go to reddit. Hopefully you enjoy this AI summarization. I figured it would be easier to absorb than copy pasting the entire article while avoiding any future issues with the source content providers.

Cheers

EDIT: By the way, the summarization is created by Google Bard. I’m just copying the article into the prompt, preceeded by:

format: markdown

Summarize the key information of the following text in a few bullet points.

I expect you would get similar results with other AIs.