Saw this format a few times and enjoyed it

• papalonian@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Maybe I’m dumb but I don’t understand the “format” - are the top and bottom sections of text supposed to be related to the middle text? Why is the text over a bottle of alcohol?

• lewdian69@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

The top text is after only a drink, the middle text is after a few drinks, the bottom text is hammered

• knorke3@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

thanks - understood the librarian joke but got confused by the format :P

• Wren@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I mean people using libraries for the most part don’t really understand the decimal system and probably wouldn’t get the significance of it being in the 000s - especially the 000s where it’s sandwiched between computer science and knowledge structure & other general works. When I’m compelled to aquire a bs book in any category, simply because patron demand is high, I prefer it be in the same section as factual information so it may be drowned out a little more. (And I say aquire, instead of purchase, since those types of books I try to rent so they can be returned after it’s been taken out by those requesting it and it never makes its way into our full collection)

I do like the meme though! This format is pretty great and we do indeed need more librarian memes, I don’t mean to get all pedantic here haha