I need more context on these things, is the CPC actually pushing against Canto and other Chinese languages? And if the CPC is, why? The CPC should push Canto, Shanghainese, Hakka, Hokkien, and other Chinese languages.

• idahocom@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

That account is notorious for making up BS about China on tiktok among Chinese diaspora. I’ve heard people say she gives off Falungong vibes. Even libs call her out.

• relay@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Unbelievably stupid if true. She said that it generates proper subtitles from the cantonese spoken words. I suspect that this could be an overreaction to a technical error, but I’d like a chinese person to clarify if they have time.

I’d be very concerned for the state of world revolution if han nationalism is on the rise in china.

• idahocom@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Cantonese people are Han chinese. Saying otherwise is like saying WASPs aren’t white lmao. If the Cantonese aren’t Han then nobody is. The whole reason Cantonese speakers make such a big deal out dialect stuff like this is because they consider it a more “pure” dialect than Mandarin uninfluenced by Northern minority languages like Mongol of Manchu.