• @jol
    link
    English
    227 days ago

Yeah it’s unexpe Ted until you learn about it. Lemmy doesn’t share votes between instances.

• Optional
      link
      fedilink
      English
      026 days ago

Maybe a bunch of irate tankie bots? Heck I dunno. It’s obviously just a silly riff on Comic Book Guy and not even spicy at that. But now (-77) there’s apparently 77 people who “disagree” with it?

Again, and not out of insecurity (thanks null) but just out of amusement that so many would care - lol. They’re probalby looking for VRYSRSSimpsonsshitposting.

• @samus12345@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        226 days ago

It’s not obvious that it’s a riff on Comic Book Guy and just comes off as rude. Was there ever a scene where he had cheese dust on his fingers?

• Optional
          link
          fedilink
          English
          226 days ago

Wow, seriously? He’s - always eating junk food and correcting people? That’s not - you’re saying 77 denizens of SIMPSONSshitposting are unaware of these characteristics of Comic Book Guy?

Goddamn. Ok.

Here.

link
            fedilink
            English
            edit-2
            26 days ago

No, I’m sure they’re all aware, but mentioning cheese dust on fingers alone isn’t a characteristic that automatically brings him to mind. If that is cheese dust in the gif, I’m not familiar with a kind that’s eaten out of a pan. Something like “Better hurry that pedantry up, your breakfast burrito is congealing rapidly” might work.

Regardless, the person your comment was directed at didn’t seem to take it the wrong way, so no harm, no foul.

• Optional
              link
              fedilink
              English
              edit-2
              26 days ago

Okay so: I’m a Simpsons character and I’m going to lick cheese dust off my fingers and the correct someone - Who Am I?

Anyone? Beuller? No? Okay. I mean, I thought it was obvious. (Nacho cheese in the gif, or a Squishee, or a Krustyburger if that’s relevant but none were as funny as cheeto dust)

And yeah the OP was supposed to enjoy it, which I also thought they did, which is another reason it’s so bizarre to have almost 85 downvotes for it now. Worst. Comment thread. Ever.

(Uh, it’s not really the worst comment thread ever, that’s, yknow, also a Comic Book Guy, uh, thing. Just - in case anyone’s not - eh, whatever)

link
                fedilink
                English
                226 days ago

I thought it was obvious.

It wasn’t, so I’m pretty sure perceived rudeness is the reason for the downvotes. No matter, there’s no karma here.

• Optional
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  125 days ago

I dunno, I disagree. Like, a couple of people - ok that’s statistically inevitable, but almost 100? That’s . . . too many.