• dino
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

care to elaborate why? aka give some details on the advantages of superfile? for how long did you use nnn?

• nfsu2@feddit.cl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

It had some functionalities that nnn did not have like displaying processes or favourite directories and such. In the end I got back to nnn because I read that superfile had internet access plus the fact that I use a graphical file manager for things that nnn or many terminal file managers can not do with extensive plugins.

• dino
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Uhm both displaying copy/move process and having shortcuts for “favourite” dirs is quite possible with nnn. Although for the later I mostly use -S argument for persistent session.

The only drawback of nnn in my book is the kind of weird/cumbersome way to configure it eith ENV variables. And the non-existent preview image display under wayland.

• nfsu2@feddit.cl
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Yeah, having to customize with env variables is not great, and adding bookmarks is much easier in superfile. Anyway I suposse one does not set bookmarks to often. Plus nnn was so fast I just tapped they keys to get to the directory I needed easily. Once I learned most shortcuts I was flying trough operarions.