For me personally Logseq filled the gap of Obsidian to have something fluid enough to handle quotes. In some cases quotes get their own page and in some other cases I reference to them inside the page of the book they’re from.
In all cases I write my own thoughts to the quote. Through the fact how nodes work in Logseq I can write tags behind the nodes and link to the book (for e.g. #Quote #Bookname). This makes it possible to query for all quotes or specific quotes from specific books, topics or whatever.
In Obsidian this was my primary struggle: Not being fluid enough so I had to create a separate page with a quote and my opionion, had to keep a basic structure and had to find a name for that page (one of my biggest struggles) and so on.

• Brayd
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Well here I am about one year later after switching accounts finally seeing your comment… :D This helped!

However, would it be possible to only show the last “depth” of that query so it only queries the actual quotes? I.e. instead of:

It would be better if it would look like:

Since the query basically is looking up the quotes by that author (I left the book out in that one) and is being put on the page of the author it is clear what it is and it should only display the actual quotes and the book’s name.

It’s not that big of an issue if that isn’t possible but it would improve it visually in case you have several books with many quotes etc.